Since 2015, we have led an effort to fund clean water wells for over 1,000 people in Africa.
North Allegheny School District’s Project Water, based north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is an initiative originally founded by Joshua Thomas and his friends, MJ Barton, Dave Bjorklund, and Ben Cinker in 2015 to provide clean water to developing villages in Africa. Since then, it has become an independent student-led organization designed to support the identified needs of these villages around the world. To date, over $60,000 have been raised through our fundraising efforts, including our annual dodgeball tournaments. United with our community, teachers, and peers, we know that we can make a difference.
What We've Achieved
- Over $60,000 raised, funding:
- 2 Community Bore Hole Wells
- 1 Deep Well and Hand Pump
- 1 Water Harvesting System for a Children's Home
- 1 Water Harvesting System for a School
- 1 Septic Tank for a School Dormitory
- 1 Surgery Center
- 1 Four-Bedroom House for Village Families